If your mobile number is lost or you want to change your mobile number in the Aadhaar card, you can update it in the UIDAI database by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Center. In this article, I am going to tell you How To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar online.
In this post, I will share two ways online and offline. I will explain both methods in detail. I will tell you Which method will be right for you. It is necessary to update the phone number because without this you will not be able to avail any kind of online Aadhaar service like e-Aadhaar download.
Often, it happens that the number that was added in aadhar has been forgotten or stopped. There is only one solution, that is to update the new phone number. To understand the process of How To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar, read this full article.
How To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar
You can link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card and register it with UIDAI. All messages and OTP about your Aadhaar will be sent to this mobile number only. How you can link your mobile number with Aadhaar:
- Visit the nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center
- Fill the Aadhaar Enrollment Form
- Specify your mobile number in the form
- Submit the form to the officer
- Authenticate your information by giving your biometrics
- You do not need to provide any documents
- To avail this service, Rs. 30 Pay the fee of
- If you had given the mobile number at the time of Aadhaar application, then you do not need to register again
If you want to avail services related to Aadhaar, then you have to link your mobile number to Aadhaar.
How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number with Appointment
Previously, anyone could change their Aadhar card mobile number online through UIDAI’s Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Now, this service has been completely stopped by UIDAI. Now, you cannot change the phone number of Aadhaar card online. Therefore, do not waste your precious time by searching any online method on Google, YouTube, etc.
But, there are two ways through which you can easily update the Aadhaar card registered mobile number without any hassle. I have a trick for you by first booking an online appointment and secondly, following which the mobile number can be updated online. But, this trick will work only for those who never had a mobile number in their Aadhar card.
- First, go to this link: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx
- Select your city or location. Click on “Proceed To Book Appointment”.
- Select Aadhar Update.
- Fill in the mobile number and captcha code.
- After filling the details, click on the generated OTP.
- Fill OTP and Verify OTP.
- Now, fill your Aadhaar number, name and address.
- After filling the required information, do NEXT.
- Tick mark the New Mobile No option.
- Fill your new mobile number and click on Next button.
- Choose your appointment date and time and Click next.
- Once all the details are verified and then submit.
- Lastly, click on the Application Form and download your appointment sleep.
After booking an appointment online, you have to go to the Aadhaar Seva Kendra at the right time to change the mobile number. A new mobile number will be immediately added to your Aadhar card and enrollment receipt will be available. Keep in mind that a payment of 50 rupees will be taken from you online or in the Aadhar Seva Kendra.
How To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar (Secret Trick)
In this trick, we are going to use Aadhar Card Reprint Service . You will have to order online for a new Aadhaar card print through this service. Keep in mind, when ordering, give your new mobile number. Read below for complete steps:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI .
- Click on the ‘Aadhaar Reprint Option’ given below the “Get Aadhaar” section.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID number and type the security code.
- Now, tick the box “My mobile number not registered” and fill in your new mobile number.
- After completing all the steps given above, click on “Send OTP”.
- Now, fill the 6-digit OTP and tick on the “Terms & Conditions” box.
- In the last, pay Rs. 50. You can do this through debit/credit card, net banking, wallet.
- After payment, the receipt will show on the computer screen, in this receipt will be the SRN number by which you will be able to track your Aadhaar reprint order status.
The new Aadhaar card will be delivered to your address by speed post in 7 to 10 days. When you get the parcel in your hand, then confirm with the online UIDAI site that the mobile number has not been offered. For more information read this post: How to find out which mobile number has been added to the Aadhaar card.
Note: This trick is not necessary to work for everyone. This trick may or may not work. However, your 50 rupees will not be a waste because a new original Aadhaar card will be sent to your house. If you want, you can change the Aadhar card mobile number through the mAadhar App from your mobile phone and get Aadhaar reprinted.
Read Also –
- How To Check Jio Balance, Data, Validity
- How to Check Vi Data, Talktime, SMS, and Data Balance | How to Check Vi Data
- How To Check jio Number Without App
- How To Check airtel Number
These are some of the ways To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar, we are updating new methods regularly, If any method does not work, then you’ll choose another method. You can suggest different ways if you have!, If you’ve any questions about How To Change Mobile Number in Aadhar please comment and inform me, if you find this article helpful then share.